Faculty Assistant, K-5th grade
Faculty assistants contribute significantly to the Wornall campus educational program. They work under the supervision of the lead teacher and support faculty by providing important assistance with instruction of students. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist teachers with discipline as well as recess, lunchroom*** and transition duties.
2. Prepare instructional materials, grade papers and keep records.
3. Create bulletin boards and assist in writing updates for parent newsletters.
4. Work with the lead teacher in assessing and evaluating students.
5. Photocopying, laminating, filing, taking pictures and other clerical duties.
6. Read aloud or assist students with reading groups.
- Participate in on-going professional development as required by your division.
8. Occasionally follow lesson plans in the classroom without the presence of faculty.
9. Perform duties of lead teacher when absent for more than half day.*
10. Other duties as assigned.
Must have Bachelor's degree, preferrably in education field. Classroom experience is preferred.
Small classroom sizes.