June 5, 2012
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT POSITION FOR THE 2012-13 SCHOOL YEAR
Class 3 - $14.19 to $16.48 per hour based on the 2012-13 salary schedule
Category 3B, RMS CID center-based position, 6.5 hours per day
· Assists in providing supervision and instruction to students with disabilities who may also have behavior problems.
· Provides clerical and organizational support to special education teachers as needed.
· Works with individuals and/or small groups when activities and assignments are presented by mainstream teachers and/or special education teachers.
· Provides support for students in crisis.
· Willingness to lift, carry and physically manage as necessary.
· Can successfully complete Personal Care Assistant (PCA) certification and provide documentation of completion upon request.
· Other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
· Experience working with students who have cognitive disabilities, physical disabilities and behavior problems preferred.
· Word processing, filing and computer familiarity.
· Patient, calm and understanding manner when working with students.
· Sensitivity to confidentiality.
· Able to attend work regularly and report to work in a timely manner.
· Able to assist students with classroom assignments.
· Demonstrates strong organizational skills and has the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
Apply on-line at www.rdale.org
POSTINGS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope MN 55427