WAYNE-WESTLAND COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
36745 Marquette Street
Westland, Michigan 48185-3289
TITLE: Upward Bound Secondary Math Intensive Transition Program Summer Instructor
June 18 through August 3, 2012
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator, Upward Bound Director
LOCATION: Wayne Memorial High School
DATE: June 6, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Instituted in 1983 – Upward Bound is a college preparation program funded by the United States Department of Education located at Wayne Memorial High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: other duties may be assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Instruct high school sophomores in all levels of Math
- Pre and post test all participants
- Prepare curriculum utilizing standards and benchmarks developed by the Michigan Department of Education for Math
Math: Algebra through Calculus
- Integrate Financial Literacy into daily curriculum
- Support STEM initiative and Wayne Memorial High School – School Improvement Goals
- Implement and support processes that support the WMHS Non-Fiction Writing across the curriculum initiative
- Planning and submission of course objectives, process, and syllabi
- Evaluate student progress weekly, refer student concerns to Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must meet the definition of Highly Qualified as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act
- Must possess a valid Michigan Secondary Teaching Certificate with a Mathematics (EX) endorsement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be eligible to work in the United States
· Experience in curriculum development and individualized instruction
· Demonstrated ability to relate to minority, college bound, disadvantaged high school students
· Enthusiasm and willingness to work in unique, non-traditional setting
· Prefer personnel with background similar to students being served OR personnel with TRIO
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This person must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and must be able to move about the classroom, building, etc. as needed. This person must be able to communicate with students, parents, other teachers and administrators and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Job performance is evaluated in accordance with district guidelines by the district supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The amount of contract, length of the workday and the number of workdays is based on the Special Projects grant and guidelines.
Apply online at http://wwcsd.net or come to the Human Resources Department to access the online application system.
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The Wayne-Westland Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.