Employment Dates: August 20-24, 2012, with prior planning and meeting dates to be determined.
Hours: Approx. 6-8 hours/day; 5 days/week
Staff hours may be slightly adjusted after the program starts based on student attendance.
General Purpose of Job: To be responsible for planning and leading Kidstop activities for grades K-7 in an enriching summer school-age care program. "Just Move" is the summer theme, where you will take the children on an awesome adventure of learning about healthy living. Just think of all the possibilities you could do as you create an adventure this summer!
- Develop ongoing program. Gather input from parents, staff, and children to use in planning.
- Implement and participate in the program that meets the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of the children. Promote effective use of time, materials and sets standard for student discipline.
- In cooperation with the Program Manger and other site staff, maintain the continual well being of the children in the program. This includes individual child conferences as needed with parents and staff.
- Develop and implement a written plan of program activities on a weekly basis.
- Participate in all children’s activities; leads small group activities.
- Maintain an attractive and functional room environment; includes bulletin boards, lockers/closets, supervising clean-up time. Assist in the planning and purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service workshops, and Kidstop sponsored events.
- Keep child related/program related records, such as attendance, programs, schedules, and others as determined by the Program Manager.
- Be knowledgeable of the overall philosophy of Kidstop and the policies and procedures of the individual program.
- Must meet requirements of State of Minnesota School Age Childcare Program Standards including a minimum of 120 hours of training in child development, guidance, and/or recreational coursework. Must have 2,080 hours experience working with children ages 5-12 in a childcare program setting.
Job Type: Part-time, summer
Bargaining Unit: Kidstop Instructors
Salary Range: Per summer guidelines