Description: Assistant Principal for Junior High School
QUALIFICATIONS: Type 75 administrative certification. Candidates should
demonstrate the potential to become a dynamic educational
leader, including excellent interpersonal and communication
skills with students, staff and parents; successful experience as a
teacher; ability to be part of an effective management team;
ability to work well in a professional community with high
expectations for its students and schools.
REPORTS TO: Principal
The assistant shall assist the principal as appropriate in all the
duties of the principal as follows:
A. Instructional leadership
1. Communicates and implements the district’s mission and goals
2. Sets a vision of excellence for the school
3. Demonstrates high expectations for staff and student
4. Recognizes the qualities of effective instruction
5. Assists staff in evaluating instructional effectiveness and setting goals for improvement
6. Coordinates the curriculum within the building
7. Monitors student progress continually
8. Is a visible presence in building to staff and students
9. Encourages creativity and innovation to improve student achievement
10. Is continually engaged in school improvement efforts
11. Coordinates necessary support services for students
12. Encourages professional growth to enhance teacher performance
13. Utilizes effective school research in decision-making
14. Recognizes student and staff accomplishments
15. Minimizes disruptions to the instructional process
Selection Procedure: It is not necessary that you contact the District #90 administrators to request an interview. The following procedure will be followed:
1. Applications will be reviewed.
2. Based upon the assessment of the application, the most promising candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.
3. Following the interview process, a written recommendation will be prepared supporting the employment decision.
4. The recommendation for employment will be presented by the Superintendent to the Board of Education for consideration and action.
5. Those Candidates who were interviewed will be notified of the Board's decision.