1. Assists the building principal in comprehensive school leadership and administration consistent with district goals and objectives.
2. Promotes a school environment that is safe and conducive to individualized instruction, and student learning.
3. Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and works with teaching staff to modify instructional methods to fit students’ needs, including student with special needs.
4. Supervises, observes and evaluates teacher work performance as it relates to curriculum and instruction and student learning and makes recommendations regarding goals, areas needing improvement and continued employment as necessary within the guidelines established by the State law and negotiated agreement.
5. Ensures that student conduct and attendance conform with the Code of Student Conduct and district policies.
6. Supervises and evaluates other support staff and departments and makes recommendations regarding goals, areas needing improvement and continued employment as necessary.
7. Proposes and supervises the preparation of class schedules, master schedules and extracurricular activities.
8. Collaborates with department heads and faculty in compiling annual budget requests.
9. Requisitions supplies, textbooks and equipment; conducts inventories; maintains records; and checks on receipts and budgeting for materials.
10. Involves appropriate staff in the evaluation of new and existing school programs.
11. Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
12. Oversees safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
13. Assists in the recruitment and selection of employees, the proper maintenance of employee personnel information, the administration of collective bargaining agreements, corrective action, and other human resource issues.
14. Coordinates transportation, custodial, cafeteria and other support services activities.
15. Supervises student attendance functions and conducts staff and student investigations and follow-up meetings.
16. Maintains consistent discipline throughout the student body and deals with special cases as necessary.
17. Collaborates with parents, faculty, and student groups to promote student achievement, organize special events, and coordinate student activities.
18. Assists in ensuring that Board policies and procedures are implemented and followed at the school.
19. Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of best practices in the educational field through professional development and encourages the same in school staff.
20. Functions as the principal in their absence.
21. Performs all other duties and administrative functions as assigned.