Position Title: Teacher
Supervisor: Building Principal
Primary Function Plan and teach a program of
instruction appropriate for the age of the learner in
accordance with school and District goals, objectives,
policies, and procedures
1. Understand and adapt general principles
of learning and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject
matter in planning an instructional program that meets the
needs of each student.
2. Prepare detailed daily lesson plans that
provide a variety of learning activities consistent with
teaching to the established curriculum objectives and has such
plans available upon request of immediate supervisor.
3. Accomplish the curriculum objectives that
can reasonably be expected for the grade level and the
particular group of students being instructed.
4. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the
locations and times designated.
5. Employ a variety of instructional
techniques and instructional media in the instructional
6. Provide a pleasant and stimulating
classroom environment by displaying samples of student work and
arranging attractive bulletin boards.
7. Establish effective methods of classroom
control in which students develop respect for the school, the
teacher, and each other.
8. Demonstrate skill in use of positive
reinforcement techniques related to student achievement and
9. Make provision for being available to
students and parents for education-related purposes outside the
instructional day when required or requested to do so under
10. Develop and communicate clear and
consistent evaluation procedures that are understood by both
students and parents which are in accordance with the District
11. Demonstrate effective communication
skills when interacting with immediate supervisors, parents,
students, peers, and other school related reference
12. Present a positive school image and
realize the importance of establishing good school community
13. Constructively participates with other
staff members in determining and achieving school programs,
goals, and objectives.
14. Maintain and submit upon request
accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law,
District policy, and administrative regulation.
15. Assist in upholding and enforcing school
rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
16. Provide appropriate supervision and take
all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Attend and participate in faculty
18. Assist in selection of books, equipment,
and other instructional materials.
19. Demonstrate a high quality of ethical
behavior and personal conduct.
20. Involvement in professional growth
activities through creation of and participation in an ongoing
program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or
advance coursework at institutions of high learning.
21. Demonstrate a willingness to assume
co-curricular and other additional duties related to the
03 Certified with Active SPED Approval/
Bilingual Endorsement in Spanish
ELL Certification or actively pursuing ELL
2 or more years of experience