Posted: June 11, 2012
Deadline for application: June 15, 2012
Contract length: 260 Days
Compensation: $16.15/hr, plus benefits
Work Schedule: 8 hours per day, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Nature and Scope of Job: Position is responsible for coordinating and supporting employment services (including job postings, and the online application and tracking system) and highly qualified status for the Human Resource Department (HR). Position receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and performs administrative duties as needed including data entry and correspondence.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
· High school diploma or GED and completion of one year of college or business school with classes involving computer training.
· Or any other combination of related education, experience, and training.
Qualifications: Ability to perform routine secretarial tasks without direction from supervisor. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, Infinite Vision as well as other job-appropriate software applications. Flexibility and excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance, especially with students, parents and the community. Proficient in the operation of office equipment. Proficient in business English, spelling, and office procedures. Ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assists the Human Resources Specialist and Chief Human Resource Officer in day to day tasks and special projects.
· Screens and routes incoming calls to appropriate individuals or responds to questions and problem-solves within scope of authority.
· Composes and posts job orders for classified, teacher and administrative vacancies using the AppliTrack Online Application System and other systems as necessary (such as the CASE website).
· Composes routine correspondence, and prepares correspondence from rough drafts as directed by supervisors.
· Assists with new educator orientation in the preparation and handouts; as well as the registration of participants.
· Processes unemployment documentation. Prepares forms for administrative signature and submission.
· Maintains and updates the AppliTrack Online Application System (and all other job notification systems), a system designed to track all posted vacancies, including data that specifies qualifications/skills necessary for each job, verifies who is interested in the positions, provides information regarding each applicant’s qualifications for the posted vacancies, prepares information necessary for supervisors to screen the applicants, communicates with the supervisors to determine status of applicants, and communicates with each applicant regarding the status of his/her candidacy.
· Maintains and updates all personnel files in accordance with HR administration directives, Board policies, and applicable state and federal guidelines.
· Assists in gathering and maintaining data for a variety of reports, including but not limited to evaluation, student teaching, Employee Fellowship, Project Teacher Find, and New Educator Orientation. Ensures accuracy of information. Develops forms, charts, and graphs as needed for the reports.
· Shares responsibility for monitoring employee selection that ensures the district hires the best and most highly-qualified applicants through the review of applicant materials. Works in conjunction with the Human Resources Specialist and the HR Administrative Assistant –Contracts in order to document and track highly qualified status.
· Schedules appointments, types correspondence and other written materials for supervisors as needed.
· Provides information to the public on a limited basis regarding department and district programs and policies.
· Gathers and maintains district applicant postings; distributes to sites as appropriate via e-mail and inner-school mail. Places newspaper ads when necessary.
· Assists principals/supervisors in all aspects of the posting process and with the AppliTrack Online Application System.
· Updates and retrieves data from the AppliTrack on a daily basis as needed.
· Assists in other Human Resources department duties as assigned.
· Serves as back up HR administrative assistant – customer support.
· Serves as back up for the HR administrative assistant – substitute and evaluation services.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org