Special Education Teacher - Resource 6-8
Closes: Until Filled
Freedom Elementary School
To help build and enhance the self-image of the students with positive reinforcement and successful school experience.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of students in need of special education programs.
- Administers, transfers, and interprets diagnostic data as appropriate to his/her area.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Adapts the curriculum with individual plans and instructional materials to the needs of each pupil.
- Evaluates student’s academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Maintains a program inventory of materials and supplies.
- Submits budget request needs.
- Participates in the developing of a District-in-service educational program.
- Maintains lines of communication all stakeholders (i.e. staff, students, parents, administration)
- Maintains proper and adequate supervision of students at all times.
- Assists in supervising students in related activities outside of immediate classroom.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of special education and is able to transfer this knowledge into program activities.
- Responsible for maintaining his/her personal growth and development in the areas of special education.
- Reads professional literature pertinent to the field of special education.
- Willing to participate in self-evaluation activities in order to improve one’s self/professional outlook.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate in the field of Special Education (i.e., learning disability, mentally or emotionally handicapped, applicable to position seeking).
- Highly qualified per NCLB as a special education teacher.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Appropriate placement on the Certified Initial Hiring Schedule
(additional $1,000 added to base salary for Special Education Certification)
Terms of Employment
- 10 Months/40 hours per week
10 Sick/Personal Days
Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Participation in Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
Director of Special Education