Teacher, Specialized Classroom, 1.0 FTE
Closes: Open until filled
Bozeman High School
Salary Range: $36,225 - $50,968
Core Ideology - Bozeman Public Schools exist to provide an outstanding education that inspires and ensures high achievement so every student can succeed and make a difference in a rapidly changing world community.
Seeking world class candidates to lead a world class program, working with high school age students with cognitive and developmental delays. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and highly organized, with the ability to lead a team of paraprofessionals and coordinate services with related service personnel, community agencies and families.
Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assess present levels of performance and write educational assessment reports.
- Lead evaluation and IEP teams in developing instructional goals and objectives and in monitoring progress.
- Work with district nurse to monitor student's general health and well being.
- Plan curriculum, lessons, teaching methods, and develop daily lesson plans.
- Instruct individuals and groups in special and general education classes on a daily basis.
- Facilitate and coordinate students into mainstreamed/general education classes on a daily basis.
- Instruct students with self-help, daily living, communication, and pre-academic/academic skills.
- Monitor students in areas outside the classroom during lunch, bus time, general education classes, and school assemblies.
- Evaluate student progress based on work output and observation, and serve as case manager for students served in the program.
- Maintain contact with parents and/or agencies via phone or written communication
- Prepare report cards, educational records, special education forms, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Maintain the physical environment of the classroom for safety, organization, and an orderly room appearance.
- Have knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to special education.
- Plan and direct work of paraprofessionals and volunteers
- Assist with student's participation in Special Olympics and other related activities.
The position requires the ability to manage paraprofessionals by planning individual programs for paras to carry out with students.
Montana teaching certificate with Special Education endorsement. Prior experience working in a specialized classroom with students with significant cognitive and adaptive needs preferred. Behavior management skills and basic signing highly desirable.