NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: June 7, 2012
Position Title: Custodian
Assignment: Valley Crossing Community School
Hours Per Day: 8 (4:00pm - Midnight)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: June 22, 2012
Performs scheduled and emergency custodial care tasks required to maintain cleanliness of the school buildings and auxiliary sites district wide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs general cleaning such as: floor stripping buffing, sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, mopping, cleaning windows, louvers, drinking fountains, glass, woodwork, chalkboards, restroom(s), walls and urinals.
- Performs specialized cleaning on emergencies (natural disasters or other), special project priority, or routine schedule as needed.
- Specializes in the operation of multi-automated cleaning equipment such as auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, and burnishers. Picks-up trash on grounds and maintains walks. Replaces light bulbs and tubes. Removes trash from building and places in containers.
- Moves and rearranges furniture within the school. Set-ups and break downs of cafeteria tables and meeting spaces. Cleans halls and replenishes supplies on a regular basis.
- Prevents the waste or careless use of supplies, equipment, and utilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED; technical training and/or mechanical knowledge preferred.