Position updated 06/08/2012
Vikan Middle School, located in School District 27J, is currently seeking a Special Education/Case Manager to collaborate as part of the Intervention Team. This is a part-time position, or a .6 FTE, with flexible hours/days.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Will monitor the progress of students
- Case manage and conduct IEP meetings
- Will coach,
and teach as needed to provide accommodations for students.
- Must have valid Colorado License - Special Education Generalist endorsement as required by Colorado Department of Education.
be "highly qualified" in Special Education, as defined
by section 1119 of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).
to coordinate and implement direct services utilizing functional
curriculum, transitional planning, and the use of augmentative
communication systems and systematic instruction techniques.
to work as a part of a teacher team in the development and direction of
the program including supervision of paraprofessionals and coordination
with related services staff and teachers within the high school.
- Ability to work with parents and agency personnel in coordinating needs for each student.
- Creativity and positive communication skills with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- Experience and/or knowledge working with students with disabilities at the middle school level.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the implementation of inclusion
experiences for students with disabilities within the school setting and
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. Currently contracted teachers
please use Internal Application, upload a current
resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience.
note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain