Administrative Secretary, Level I
This Administrative Secretary works as the administrative assistant to the Nutrition Services and Buildings & Grounds Supervisor
High School Principal, and is the primary building secretary. It is a 220 day, 7.5 hour a day position.
For full consideration apply by 4:00 pm Monday June 18, 2012. This will remain posted until filled.
COMPENSATION: According to the current master agreement with Saginaw Township Educational Office Personnel Current hourly rates are $12.068-$17.49; medical, dental and vision benefits available. The collective bargaining agreement is set to expire on June 30<SUP>th</SUP>, 2012. It is unknown what changes, if any, will occur in the new agreement. The present agreement can be viewed at: http://www.stcs.org/education/page/download.php?fileinfo=U1RFT1BfMDctMTFfZXh0ZW5kZWRfdG9fMjAxMl81LTI0LTExLnBkZjo6Oi93d3cvc2Nob29scy9zYy9zdGNzL2ltYWdlcy9kb2NtZ3IvQUxMZmlsZTg5MjAucGRm
· Graduation from an accredited high school (Associates Degree or post secondary training in related field preferred)
· School Food Service experience and experience with food service point of sale systems preferred
· Experience with accounting concepts, practices and procedures
· Skilled in the use of computers, word processing, spreadsheets, data bases and office equipment. Must be competent in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
· Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality
· Ability to communicate and work effectively and courteously with employees, students, parents, vendors and the general public in person and on the phone
· Ability to prioritize and manage tasks efficiently
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs a variety of bookkeeping and record keeping assignments associated with food service accounts receivable and payable for 14 buildings and Nutrition Services office. This includes reconciliation of monthly bank statement (14 deposits per day), journal entries to Skyward (finance system) and reconciliation of bank statement to Skyward accounts.
2. Maintain accurate files, including all pertinent information in relation to State of Michigan claims for reimbursement and accounts receivable.
3. Prepare and process Nutrition Services payroll.
4. Place, receive and accurately document telephone calls pertaining to absentee employees, work order requests, issues of concern by STCS staff, parents and general public. Forward appropriate information to supervisor and call in substitute employees for absent employees.
5. Process free and reduced school meal applications according to State and Federal guidelines, maintain point of sale and Skyward databases, application filing system, and notify parents of approval or denial of benefits. Maintain accurate student direct certification information and files.
6. Prepare and process Michigan Department of Education food service monthly reimbursement claims on-line for 14 schools.
7. Audit daily and monthly food service deposits and cashier reports.
8. Collection of NSF checks received by the Nutrition Services department.
9. Maintain student data (adds and drops, special dietary needs, meal benefits & homeless status) in Nutrition Services database for STCS students, Swan Valley Students and 2 parochial schools.
10. Maintain Nutrition Services web page information
11. Provide daily support to Nutrition Services managers in all food service operations.
12. Accurately sort and file incoming correspondence from all kitchens, accurately sort and send all outgoing kitchen correspondence.
13. Edit and duplicate menus, create weekly planners and distribute planners and menus to all schools and kitchens.
14. Produce student debit cards and student rosters for cashiers as needed.
15. Assist in the maintenance of student food service accounts and assist parents who call for account balances.
16. Supply all necessary forms and supplies to kitchens as needed.
17. Place weekly on-line supply orders (Gordon Food Service) for all schools.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the timely maintenance, and balancing of food service accounts receivable and liability accounts.
2. Assist in preparing for annual end of the year financial audit and State audits when scheduled.
3. Prepare for school start-up.
4. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by a supervisor.
Pursuant to Public Act 68 of 1993 and Public Act 83 of 1995, selected new employees shall submit to fingerprints and a criminal background check at the employee's expense.
It is the policy of the Board of Education that the District will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, handicap or disability. The District shall comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination including, but not limited to, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d. et seq.; and 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000e, et seq.; The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. §§ 1210, et seq.; The Handicappers’ Civil Rights Act, MCL §§ 37.1101, et seq.; and The Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act, MCL §§ 37.2101, et seq.; Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), 29U.S.C. §§ 621, et seq. Inquiries or complaints by applicants or employees related to discrimination should be directed to:
Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations
Saginaw Township Community Schools
3465 N. Center Road, P.O. Box 6278
Saginaw, MI 48608
TELEPHONE: 989-797-1800 www.stcs.org