· Assist in the educational and social development of
students under the
direction and guidance of the
facilitator and classroom teachers.
· Assist in the implementation of Individual Education
Plans for the students and
monitor their progress. This includes: Verbal Behavior implementation
throughout the day
for all students and
Kindergarten Core mathematics and reading instruction for the assistant
assigned to kindergarten students.
· Provide support for individual students inside and
outside the classroom to
enable them to fully
participate in activities.
· Work with other professionals, such as speech
therapist, social worker,
occupational and physical
· Assist classroom teachers with maintaining student
· Support students with emotional or behavior concerns
and assist them in
developing appropriate social
skills through the use of visual schedules, positive praise,
social stories, video
modeling, and calming breaks.
· Assist in the daily set up and clean up of the
classroom. Assist in room changes for
areas of study.
· Assist classroom teachers with copying items to
· Support the Mission Statement of the district. Support the Head Start guidelines for the
· afternoon classroom.
· Behave and speak in a professional manner at all
times. Work cooperatively with other
· classroom paraprofessionals.
· Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, and
· Attend staff and team meetings.
· Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
· All other duties as assigned.
All paraprofessionals originally hired after January 8, 2002 shall meet the requirements
of a “Highly Qualified” paraprofessional aide as described in Title I of the Elementary
and Secondary Education act.
- Proof of negative TB test
- Completed on-line application
- Completed fingerprinting via ROE
2012-2013 school year at Anne M. Jeans Elementary School.
All applications must be sent electronically.
Interview process will begin shortly. The district hopes to fill this position by early-August.