Lunchroom Assistant 33% EA-3-12/13
Posting Date: June 7, 2012
Persons applying for and receiving the available position will be notified by Human Resources and will be placed at the proper time. Educational Assistants that are interested and have the qualifications, please complete an Educational Assistant Transfer Card (available at all schools as well as Human Resources) and send it to Human Resources no later than 3:00 PM on June 20, 2012. |
POSITION LOCATION PAY GRADE HOURS Per WEEK EFFECTIVE
Lunchroom Assistant 33% SC Johnson Elementary Master 12.5 August 29, 2012
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience supervising students preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Work well with students, staff, and public.
2. Work with little or no direct supervision.
3. Must have good independent judgment in routine and non-routine situations.
4. Must be patient and innovative.
5. Must be accurate and detailed in work performance.
6. Must be a good role model for students.
7. Must be dependable and punctual and have a satisfactory attendance record.
8. Must be aware of sensitive to the needs of students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plans, prepares, and develops lunchroom information such as posters/ signs under principal's direction.
2. Supervise students during lunch and recess.
3. Collects money for lunch and other projects.
4. Distributes meals.
5. Devotes attention to children needing discipline and special attention.
6. Cleans tables, chairs, and equipment as needed.
7. Reports all questionable situations to supervisor.
8. Participates in inservice sessions in the building.
9. Reinforce school policies, procedures, and rules.
10. May assist the office staff with processing calls, mail, etc.
The job description as written will cover the most significant duties/responsibilities but does not exclude other work as assigned.
It is the policy of the Racine Unified School District not to discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital or parental status, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability in its education programs, admissions policies and practices, or employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendment, and Wisconsin Statute 118.13.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER