Closes: When Filled
Job Title: Intervention Paraprofessional
Reports To: Building Principal
Terms of Employment:
Salary: PI or PII, $9.76 or $11.80
Nature and Scope of Job:
To implement on a daily basis all assistance toward maximizing student learning as deemed necessary and/or required to meet the personal and academic needs of each student under the direction of the regular classroom teacher(s).
1. Assists in implementing technology-based interventions as directed by the Principal, AMP team recommendation and regular classroom teacher(s).
2. Communicates with the regular classroom teacher(s) on student progress on specific intervention-based instructional programs on a weekly basis.
3. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting and chooses the appropriate time, place, and supervisor to discuss problems.
4. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students and all district personnel at all times.
1. Intervenes with student, at the direction of the teacher or administrator, in crises/emergency situations.
2. Seeks appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is completed.
3. Performs any other assigned duties.
4. Participates in additional training to increase knowledge base.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability
Knowledge of child growth and development.
Knowledge of the teaching-learning process.
Knowledge of lesson implementation and presentation.
Knowledge of classroom management techniques.
Knowledge of Mac based computers.
Ability to communicate positively throughout the work day.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Computer and Peripherals
Assistive Technology Equipment
Finger, hand, and arm strength necessary to write on paper, chalkboard, overhead, etc., throughout the work day.
Ability to work at a computer monitor.
Exposure to weather extremes.
Exposure to loud noises.