- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds near and clean; including but not limited to sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
- High school diploma or USA equivalency
- None required; Previous substitution-pool experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques, and building and grounds maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Demonstrated ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to current District promotional policy and compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the Executive Director - Human Resource Services.
The Dallas Independent School Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap.