The Coordinator of Information Systems reports to the Deputy Superintendent of Educational Services, providing direct support to the Director of PreK-Elementary and Director of Secondary Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Technology, administrators and other district staff . This role is responsible for managing software (student management software, district electronic gradebook), regulatory and system upgrades and reporting, and working with the technology group to support the district.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs plans and coordinates activities of the Information Services Department. Manages software, regulatory and system upgrades, and integrations affiliated with district technology. Provides for the customization of data/reports for district personnel. Provides enhancements to district web functionality including electronic transcript transmission. Acts as district liaison with WCRESA.
2. Responsible for student management software for district: system patches/upgrades, roll-overs; administers faculty, staff and parent permissions for (Zangle Desktop, Zangle Web) MIStar Q, Principal Viewer, Parent Connect, and Pinnacle. Includes coding for Special Education Certification information.
3. Oversees the operation of district electronic grade book software. Includes the configuration and monitoring of internet viewers and email helpdesk correspondence. Responsible for template configuration (in accordance with district policy). Uses SQL to perform routine data extrapolation for transfer from electronic gradebook to SIS.
4. Configures school track information to ensure accurate FTE calculation, calendars and clock hours. Updates system table configurations and data as necessary.
5. Processes and prints report cards. Processes all report card changes.
6. Assists with master schedule building/class scheduling. Records personal curriculum
7. Produces ad-hoc reports as requested using SQL Extracts, Crystal Reports v.10, Crystal Enterprises and Access .
8. Responsible for assisting with meeting state reporting requirements. Works in conjunction with district personnel to ensure integrity of MSDS, TSDL, EEM, GAD, BAA.
9. Collaborates with other departments to provide service, support and technical training. Creates training handouts and conducts training seminars. Supports district staff members with help desk items.
10. Responsible for year-end data gathering and recording for archiving purposes.
Zangle Desktop, Zangle Web, MIStar Q, Crystal Reports v.10, Crystal Enterprises, Excelsior's Pinnacle ( Electronic Gradebook), Microsoft Enterprise Manager- 2005 and 2008, Aqua Studio Data v. 8.0, Camtasia Studio 7, Microsoft Office (all products), Parchment/Docufide , Adobe Acrobat, Live Cycle Designer
The individual selected for this assignment will be the one who offers the best combination of qualities in accordance with the following standards and requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology, Information Systems or related field.
2. 3-5 years experience in an equivalent position, with school administrative and/or student data management applications experience.
3. Strong organizational and project management skills
4. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff at all levels of the district.
5. Proven leadership experience in technology, end user support and IT operations.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of computer and networking capabilities, operations, networking principles, and infrastructure.
7. Excellent communication skills .
8. Exemplary data management skills include a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other data management systems;
(Please note that the interviewing committee and/or the superintendent have the right to further define qualifications.)
SALARY RANGE AND FRINGE BENEFITS:
Salary range for the 2012-13 school year is $70,000 - $84,000 in accordance with the candidate’s training and experience. Fringe benefits include long-term disability insurance; life insurance; full family medical, dental and vision insurance.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should complete the online application and submit a COVER LETTER, CURRENT RESUME and LETTERS OF REFERENCE by June 22, 2012 to:
Mr. Dean Niforos
Grosse Pointe Public School System
389 St. Clair Avenue
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
Phone (313) 432-3017
Fax (313) 432-3011
The successful candidate must meet the State standard for a clear criminal history and provide mandated fingerprint clearance.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.