Must be fluent in Spanish. The position does not require an endorsement.
Summary of Position:
The Attendance Secretary maintains student attendance records. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable acommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
10-month/year position; 205 work days
• Minimal of High School diploma.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with students, parents and faculty.
• School procedures and appropriate conduct.
• Basic record keeping methods.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding students.
• Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Answers phone calls and records student absences from parent’s calls.
• Enters information from calls, period by period from each teacher and exceptions into Student Information System
• Corrects and posts daily attendance.
• Maintains records of bus routes.
• Confronts a variety of student and parent complaints and problems.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
The employee will occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee will experience occasional lifting and or moving up to 40 lbs, such as boxes of paper.
Hazards- Potential exposure to communicable disease. The noise level is occasionally loud.