This is a full-time shared position between Clear Creek School District and Gilpin County School District.
- Identify, through screening and evaluation, students with language and communication needs.
- Provide services for students with disabilities, including screening, observations, instruction and data collection in classrooms or individual and small group settings utilizing a variety of research-based techniques.
- Participate in special education meetings (IEP’s) to help determine disability, services and placement for student needing special education services.
- Provide case management (coordination of services, parent consultation, IEP paperwork initiation and completion) for identified speech and language caseload.
- Provide communication programming including oral, written, manual, augumentative and alternative communication techniques and assistive technology.
- Maintains appropriate student progress records, accurate and timely documentation of service with regard to established intervention plans.
- Collaborates and cooperates with building personnel in the scheduling of services for students.
- Provides supervision of Speech and Language Assistant, as service delivery model allows, which requires observation, treatment plan creation and supervision of implementation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
· Masters’ Degree in Speech Communication, Speech and Language Pathology or Communication Disorders/Speech sciences.