1. Assist the library media specialist and other certified school personal with duties and tasks related to the District technology program.
2. Oversee the computer lab and mobile labs and library resource center.
3. Implement technology oriented modules designed by the librarian and classroom teachers.
4. Assist students and staff in using technology resources.
5. Work with students in engaging learning and technology enhanced projects.
6. Support technology staff development within the building/district, support webpage development and maintenance.
7. Assist teachers and students in attaining technology competencies.
8. Troubleshoot and maintain hardware problems, including maintenance of student and staff network accounts.
9. Become familiar with building software used by students and staff, and instruct in its usage.
10. Install and update software, inventory, check out, repair and maintain technology equipment .
11. Oversee student use of the Internet and network in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy.
12. Collaborate to contribute for effective technology use across the District.
13. Participate in technology committee & promote the implementation of District’s technology plan
14. Lead reading groups with students
15. Perform tasks in the library beyond technology; i.e. circulation, research support, inventory control, ordering, small / whole group direction
16. Work on the network, website, manage iOS as well as Windows XP, 7, Servers
17. Experience with managed wireless, virtual server environment, CIPA filter compliance, VM Ware
17. Perform other tasks as required/directed.
1. Ability to serve as a role model of good character for children
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
3. Working knowledge of technology, including computers, software, peripheral devices; knowledge of websites and servers is desired
4. Flexibility and a willingness to learn
5. Highly positive attitude with excellent work habits
6. Able to work cooperatively and pleasantly with students, staff, and public
7. Highly professional language and demeanor
8. Appreciation of cultural diversity
9. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience; plus excellent benefits including individual health and dental insurance (PPO has a monthly cost and HMO is fully paid for by the Board of Education), IMRF Retirement Pension Service Credit, paid sick, personal, and bereavement leave, and other benefits in a 8.5 hours, 8 hours paid work day, for 200 days per year
Apply on line https://pennoyerschool.humanexventures.com/?ret=%2Fapply by completing the on line application and uploading support materials. Please do not call, email, or send any paper materials.
The selection team will review on line applications and supporting materials and the team will call some individuals in for interviews. After initial interviews, candidates meet with the Superintendent who may recommend the individual for hire by the Board of Education.
Pennoyer School is an Equal Opportunity Employer