The bus driver is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient transportation of students over specific routes in accordance with established projected driving times and route schedules. Responsible for working with parents/guardians, teachers and staff in the assigned area of responsibility to ensure the safe pickup and of students at designated locations.
Positions available for the 2012-13 school year. Substitute transportation staff are defined as At Will employees, which implies no guaranteed or implied right to regular employment under any bargaining unit contract.
- $13.67 per hour after completion of 15 hour transportation training program, 10 hour training in medical procedures, behavior intervention and hazardous materials and 18 hour Commercial Driver's License (CDL) training provided by the intermediate school district.
- $8.00 per hour (training wage) until above-mentioned training is completed
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Michigan driver's license required, with no points preferred
- Ability to pass a physical examination and a drug test required
- Maintain a personal telephone to ensure communication with district personnel required
- Ability to participate and successfully complete 15 hour district-sponsored transportation training program
- Ability to participate in and successfully complete first aid, cardiac pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), bloodborne pathogen, behavior management and hazardous materials training required Other required training may include oral and tracheal suctioning, crisis prevention intervention and diastat
- Ability to participate and successfully complete 18 hour commercial driver's license (CDL) training provided by the intermediate school district
- Ability to secure and maintain required licenses and certifications through the state of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Education
Prefer candidates with a commercial driver's license (CDL) with a minimum "B" classification, "P" passenger, "S" school bus and air brake endorsements and experience transporting special education students.
Applications accepted until the positions are filled, and will be considered in the order that they are received
- Interested candidates should submit an online application.
- If you have access to a scanner, upload a copy of your high school diploma/equivalent
- If you do not have access to a scanner, plan to provide this documentation if you are selected for hire.