1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Direct classroom experience working with children, pre-K to twelve
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: Provides support to specialized area of instruction as specified in the State of Connecticut Priority School District Grant, i.e. dropout prevention, early childhood education and parent involvement. Areas of involvement are teacher directed student academic reinforcement activities, school homework program, testing, home/school relations, verbal and document translation, assisting suspended and expelled students, study and organizational skills, conflict resolution and peer mediation.
1. Provides assistance in basic skills.
2. Tutors small group instruction.
3. Monitors homework centers.
4. Provides instruction for suspended and expelled students.
5. Reinforces study and organizational skills.
6. Interacts with parents.
7. Assists with conflict resolution and peer mediation sessions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Six hours per day. Ten-month year. $19.00 per hr. No benefits.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified Staff.