College Career Specialist
Capital Preparatory Magnet
POSITION: College Career Specialist - Capital Preparatory Magnet Academy
SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of Principal,
develops and implements college career services to all students, and assists
guidance counselor in the provision of related services to all students.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field is
- Working knowledge of the Hartford community, for both public and
private sectors is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local university and
career fairs, including private sector staffing and recruiting departments.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of college/job
search skills and career related information.
- Demonstrated experience in college/career related
field and developmental guiding concepts are preferred.
- Customer service orientation, flexibility and
ability to make presentations to and work effectively with diverse groups
within and outside of the school building.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work under stress and within times
- Ability and willingness to work beyond and the
regular school day (evenings/weekends).
AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary in accordance with Hartford
Educational Support Personnel Salary Grid C490: $46,913 - $55,636 Twelve-Month
Educational Support Personnel (HESP)
current internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
To apply: please visit http://applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/ or www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
An Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D