Position Title: NCLB Instructional Assistant
Reports To: Classroom Teacher and/or Building Administrator
This position is for 4 hours/day. Starting wage is $10.26/hour.
- Collaborate with teachers to provide assistance in large and small group instructional support.
- Supervises students in various school settings and situations, including lunchrooms, playgrounds, bus lines, etc.
- Performs clerical duties, such as correspondence and document production.
- May assist by grading student papers and other work for teachers.
- Mediates student conflicts.
- May design suitable materials for bulletin boards and educational displays.
- May administer minor first aid.
- Assists in the maintenance of student cumulative records through the transcription of data.
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling various school activities.
- Maintains workroom equipment.
- May serve on school related committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
· Associates of Art Degree or two (2) years of college credit with a minimum of 48 semester hours
· Less than one (1) year job related experience
· Word processing
· General office equipment