Coordinator of District Testing
ASD EDUCATION CENTER
The following are required:
Master’s degree in education or related field OR a minimum of 20 semester hours completed toward a master's degree
Minimum of three years of K-12 certificated teaching experience in a public school setting
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate or Type B Administrative Certificate
The following are preferred:
- Evidence of:
- A minimum of fifteen semester hours in educational research, evaluation, and testing
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Competency in research and evaluation methodologies
- Excellent time and task management, organizational, supervisory, personnel management, and task analysis skills are essential
- Ability to supervise collection of data and preparation of reports
- Ability to demonstrate effective technical and non-technical writing skills
- Ability to maintain productive relationships with administrators, teachers, parents, community groups, and other employees of the District
- Knowledge of:
- Current best practices integrating assessment, curriculum, and instruction
- Response to Instruction framework
- Statewide Comprehensive system of student assessments
- Participation guidelines for English Language Learners, special education students and students on a 504 plan
- Rules, procedures, and policies of the Anchorage School District
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This certificated ACE 12 - 230 day position reports to and is supervised and evaluated by the Executive Director of Assessment and Evaluation. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. The successful candidate:
- Plans, organizes and conducts district-wide assessments in collaboration with the Assessment and Evaluation Department
- Conducts necessary trainings for building test coordinators and provides technical support for proctor/test administrator training at the school sites
- Provides training and technical support to schools, District personnel, and community groups regarding testing and the use of data to inform instructional decisions.
- Provides trainings and technical support to schools and district personnel on the interpretation and integration of assessment with instruction
- Works closely with the Assessment and Evaluation department on the collection and accurate recording of test data
- Works closely with Assessment and Evaluation staff to review data on student achievement and makes recommendations for analysis and reports
- Works closely with Assessment and Evaluation staff to develop recommendations for change based upon research findings
- Works with the Assessment Reporting System and its continued development and refinement that allow principals, teachers, and administrators direct access to information on students’ assessment data
- Provides technical support to principals on use of the Data Interaction for Alaska Student Assessment System
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.