RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include:
- Assisting the teacher in providing instruction and managing student educational programs.
- Implementing charting and other behavior management techniques to ensure student progress.
- Supervising and assisting students during lunch, arrival and departure from school and other daily events.
- Willingness to work with students receiving special education services.
- Must be highly qualified--either by providing transcripts showing 60 completed college credits (or 2 years of full-time college), or passing score on the Parapro Assessment.
- Willingness to complete training in Professional Crisis Management and implement restrictive procedures.
- Ability to work as a team member with staff, parents, and community.
- Lift up to 50 pounds weight and up to adult-size body weight with two-to-three-person lift.
- Ability to support a student's full body weight up to adult size.
- Ability to tolerate sudden jarring movement.
- Frequent bending and leaning.
SALARY: Per current Program Assistant contract
DAYS & HOURS: Follows school calendar as assigned, 7 hours per day.
Intermediate School District 917 is an Equal Opportunity Employer