Joliet Township High School District 204
Position Title: Administrative Assistant - District Business Office
- High School Diploma.
2. Two to five years of experience in a computerized accounting environment and a broad knowledge of accounting and purchasing practices; education experience a plus.
- High level of computer knowledge and proficiency. Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication and strong interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find acceptable.
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent for Business & Personnel
Job Goal: To demonstrate initiative, good judgment, and skill in handling confidential materials. This employee is responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in supporting the various components of the Business Office for JTHS.
1. Efficiently composes, maintains, and exercises excellent judgment in handling confidential correspondence and information for the Assistant Superintendent for Business & Personnel and the Director of Human Resources.
2. Maintains strong working relationships with the Assistant Superintendent for Business & Personnel, District Administration, other employees and the public.
3. Effectively uses accounting software to administer the District’s purchasing process; preparing and converting electronic purchase orders, maintaining the vendor list, and retrieving account information.
4. Manages the District procurement card process with over 150 accounts, including tracking purchases, trouble shooting and posting journal entries to charge appropriate budget accounts.
5. Coordinates bid procedures for major projects and/or purchases over $20,000 from the creation of bid specifications to purchasing the product or service.
6. Administers the District’s office supply purchasing system; meets with current and prospective vendors, posts payments and maintains accounts with select vendors.
7. Is responsible for the entering of accounts payable for several major reoccurring vendor accounts.
8. Updates the Business Office page on the District’s website. Also, must be a SharePoint Power End User, responsible for creating and maintaining the Business Services and Human Resources SharePoint sites on both JT Shares and JT Web.
9. Exhibits expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; must be able to manipulate information between various Microsoft products for reporting and presentation purposes.
10. Maintains all facility usage for the District Administrative Center; approves/denies requests, coordinates services, and invoices out of district organizations.
11. Assists the Assistant Superintendent in preparing and developing documents, reports and communications for the Board of Education.
12. Performs such other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the Assistant Superintendent for Business & Personnel may assign.
Terms of Employment: Employment in this position is on an at-will basis.
Salary: Salary to be determined by the Board of Education.
Evaluation: Performance on job requirements will be evaluated annually by the supervisor in accordance with Board and Administrative policy.
Please complete the Internal Transfer Application.
Additional application materials may be submitted electronically to the Human Resources Office at email@example.com
Human Resources - Employment Opportunities