||Variable; will require evening and weekend work.|
||June 22, 2012 @ 3:00 PM|
||June 29, 2012 @ 3:00 PM|
Professional and Personal Relationships and Expectations:
- Leadership and Public Relations
- Responsibility to youth, middle and high school programs. (One programs)
- Use sound and acceptable teaching practices.
- Run well organized practice sessions.
- Complete Pre-season planning (well advanced of starting date)
- Adhere to a highly efficient and technically sound program of injury prevention.
- Construct a well organized game plan.
- Develop a sound system for equipment accountability
- Be responsible for safety and facilities
- Manage/Evaluate assistant coaches and managers to meet high level of expectations
To the players:
- Provide opportunities to allow students to reach their capabilities to their fullest. Development of positive attitudes, ethical, aggressive and fair play behavior while stressing good sportsmanship at all times.
- Be fair, unprejudiced, sensitive to individual differences, needs interests, temperaments, aptitudes and tolerances.
- Ensure maximum growth in each squad member.
- The safety and welfare of each player should always be uppermost in a coach’s mind.
- Provide camp/clinic opportunities.
To the School District
- Responsible for pre and post season paperwork to the Ashland School District and the WIAA.
- Pre-season Parent/Athletes Meeting.
- Expectations Shared (Pre-During-Post Season).
- Host banquet with parents for end of the year.
- Take a proactive approach in addressing concerns.
- Follow the chain of command.
- Display appropriate behavior with officials, students, fans and parents.
- Be a role Model.
- Model Good Sportsmanship.
- Be present at other athletic venues (visible).
- Coaching experience in sport is desirable.
- Knowledge of WIAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and the community.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Strong emphasis on teaching and developing fundamentals of the sport.
- Individual will comply and enforce the Co-Curricular Code as adopted by the Board of Education.
- Individual will comply with the Coaches handbook as adopted by the Board of Education.
Application Procedure: To apply, please complete an on-line application @ http://www.ashland.k12.wi.us/ - Employment Opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the School District of Ashland!
The School District of Ashland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate as prohibited by applicable state and/or federal laws.