Provides administrative and secretarial assistance for the Director of Business Services and performs various services for the Business Services Office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required, equivalent experience may be considered
2+ years related experience in payroll, accounting or office work strongly preferred
School district experience preferred.
Advanced Excel skills required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists with annual preparation of School District Budget, annual Financial Audit, General State Aid Claim, Pupil Transportation Reimbursement and Pupil registration.
· Prepares checks, enters deposits, and prepares monthly reports for the Activity Fund and Board of Education accounts.
- Prepares financial reports and monthly Bank Reconciliations and Proof of Cash Report.
- Prepares and posts journal entries and miscellaneous transactions to the general ledger.
- Completes month-end and year-end closing of financial files in DCR.
- Maintains student activity accounts for all schools; prepares checks, enters deposits, runs reports, does month and year end closings.
- Handles collection of NSF checks.
- Processes verification of the National School Lunch Program participants.
- Performs standard accounting procedures within prescribed guidelines.
- Computes, verifies, tracks and maintains financial records.
- Assists work of outside auditors.
- Provides services and information to school districts, agencies and other organizations regarding accounting data. Assists in preparing reports.
- Performs confidential work as directed by the Business Director and Superintendent.
- Monitors and maintains security access to DCR for all staff.
- Delegates duties to other department staff at the direction of the Director of Business Services.
- Attends workshops and seminars related to the position duties and responsibilities.
- Provides back-up duties for receptionist, accounts payable and recording secretary.
- Serves as the district representative/alternate to appointed Cooperatives and/or organizations; attends meetings.
- Maintains and coordinates school bus routing with the bus company via web based system
- Orders supplies for warehouse and maintains Business Office supplies.
- Receives and conveys messages for the Director of Business Services.
- Performs secretarial duties such as typing, photocopying, filing, faxing, and distributing mail.
- Performs related duties as required.
This is a 12 month, non-union, full time position with benefits.
Start Date: July 2012
Salary: Commensurate with experience