Special Ed Instructional Assistant – Classroom
Monday through Friday – 7.25 hours per day
· Paraeducator License or 2 year Degree or higher preferred
· Ability to work with challenging students in a small group setting
· Be able to tutor students (academically and socially)
· Escort students to and from classrooms
· Able to attend to personal hygiene of students
· Primarily responsible for coaching and social skills
· Good communication skills/Interpersonal skills
· Responsible for documentation and record-keeping
· Positive, caring, and patient individuals preferred
· Enjoy’s working with students with behavior challenges
· Knowledge and experience in behavior modification program preferred
· Ability to redirect students towards positive behaviors
· If required able to communicate with student’s case manager, medical providers, and caregivers
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· TEACCH and MANDT training preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to indoor and outdoor
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk, stoop, bend, and
sit. The noise level in the work environment ranges from mild to loud.
Sioux City Community Schools is a supporter of the National Career Readiness Certificate. The Certificate consists of assessments that measure skills critical to on-the-job success: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. We highly recommend applicants for our non-certified positions visit Iowa Workforce Development to learn more about the National Career Readiness Certificate. If you have completed the assessments necessary for the certificate, please submit your scores with your application.
The Sioux City Community School District prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.
The School District does not and will not discriminate on the basis of these above mentioned categories in employment or in the educational programs, activities, and vocational opportunities offered by the District.
Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all positions within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.