Hours: Part Time - 19 ½ hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $13.31 per hour
(mandatory playgroup hours T, W, F - 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate playgroup (3 times a week during the school year).
- Maintain playgroup attendance records and complete monthly attendance report.
- Order supplies/refreshments as needed.
- Maintain playgroup bulletin board including posting of student work/projects.
- Maintain orderly environment in the playroom.
- Provide parents with resources and referrals as necessary.
- Maintain lending library, toys and supplies.
- Inventory toys and lending library materials annually.
- Model appropriate parenting skills.
- Previous experience working with parents and infants/toddlers preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to organize and operate independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with parents and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of computer programs Microsoft Word and Access preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy for non-certified staff.