AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
PLEASE APPLY IF INTERESTED IN ANY POSITIONS WHICH MAY BECOME AVAILABLE DUE TO THE DOMINO EFFECT WITHIN THE CHILD DEVELOPMENT EMPLOYEE CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
SALARY: $19.23 Per Hour
HOURS: 6.5 Hours Per Day
TERM - 190 Days
1. Valid PA Early Childhood Teacher Certification, required.
2. ECERS-R Trained and Certified.
3. Competent in the use of technology.
4. Experience working with students with special needs.
5. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Child Development Coordinating Director
JOB GOAL: The Preschool teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
1. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the District, and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
3. Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of superiors in the form of lesson plans and other organizational techniques.
4. Insist that students uphold high standards of classroom behavior, assist the administration in implementing all policies governing student life and conduct. Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in a fair and just manner.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided, the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved, and with stated objectives.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and curricular and instruction goals and objectives which are communicated to students.
7. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
8. Assess the accomplishments of students, as well as the progress of teaching, on a regular ongoing basis.
9. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
10. Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administration regulations, and Board policy.
11. Make provision for being available to students and parents for education –related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
12. Attend and participate in faculty meetings, and serve on staff committees as required.
13. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
14. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
15. Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
16. Work to establish and maintain open lines of communications with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
17. Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
18. Provide for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
19. Make provisions for the diversified learning needs of students on an ongoing basis, seeking the assistance of District specialist as required.
20. Counsel with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
21. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit and stand and almost continuously walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, reach forward and above the head. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as boxes of books and AV equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee regularly interacts with students, staff and parents in addition to meeting multiple demands and deadlines from several people.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disability (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Subject to the provisions of the Child Development Employee Conditions of Employment.
EVALUATION: A yearly evaluation to be completed by the Child Development Coordinating Director.