Description: The Special Education District of Lake County has openings for two full-time (11 month) Assistant Principals at Cyd Lash Academy for the 2012/2013 school year. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Principal is to support the instructional program under the supervision of the assigned administrator. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Consulting with classroom teacher and support staff on behavioral and instructional interventions and strategies through classroom observations and direct participation.
- Conducting student observations upon request and providing feedback to the assigned administrator and educational team related to strategies and interventions.
- Assisting with student placement procedures
- Serving as the administrative designee for the assigned administrator in her/her absence from scheduled meetings and conferences and assisting with the day-to-day operation for the assigned program(s).
- Serving as a substitue teacher upon request of the assigned administrator when no other options for substitute services are available
- Teacher evaluations
- Minimum of three (3) years of applicable teaching experience for the assigned program.
- Appropriate LBS l certification for the assigned programs.
- Type 75 Administrative certification.
- A curricular background is desirable.
Salary/Benefits: Comprehensive salary and benefits package that is locally competitive
Equal Opportunity Employer