Terms of Employment: 180 student days
Desirable Position Criteria:
- High School Diploma
- Experience with high school students
- Demonstrated ability to ensure students and staff safety on a high school campus.
- Supervise and monitor the interior and exterior of the school building before, during and after school to ensure the safety of students and staff and to ensure the security of the facilities.
- Provide crowd control in hallways, parking lots, commons, during passing periods and/or other gathering spaces and intercede on fights and other disturbances.
- Maintain familiarity with the WHS Student Handbook and corresponding expectations around attendance, discipline policy and building behavioral expectations. Administer warnings to students and refer them to administration for disciplinary action.
- Assist school personnel with preventative discipline by explaining school rules to students and parents and informing students of acceptable student behavior.
- Monitor and manage student parking policy and procedures
- Check students who are in the hallways outside of passing time and direct those students to attendance.
- Assist School Resource Officer and administration in working with students.
- Physical requirements include regular walking, standing and occasional physical lifting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the administration.
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: email@example.com; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.