Desirable Position Criteria:
- Valid Iowa teaching license & 5-12 Mathematics endorsement.
- Demonstrated ability and background with high school mathematics competitions.
- Ability to collaborate with other Waukee math organizations at the middle level.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and encourage student involvement with mathematics.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development as described in the Iowa Professional Development Standards.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Lead group meetings and student practice.
- Administer and direct the WMW meetings, competitions, and testing.
- Provide guidance, instruction, and supervision to the WMW program.
- Provide leadership with raising funds, conducting logistical and organizational matters as needed.
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, Mr. Duane Magee, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Directors' Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board policy 405.5. Procedures for parents, students and community members are referred to in Board policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located in each Principal's office, the Administrative Office, the Waukee Public Library and the District's website, http://www.waukee.k12.ia.us.