POSITION: Theme Coach – Betances Early Reading Laboratory School
REPORTS TO: Principal
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting the instructional staff in the integration of the early reading theme and partnerships/programs into instruction, including daily lessons, interdisciplinary projects, and learning activities within the classroom, school, campus, and off-campus sites.
SECONDARY FUNCTION: Responsible for marketing, recruitment, and assisting in the development of theme-based professional development and community partnerships.
- CT teaching certification with reading endorsement or commitment to enrolling in a planned program leading to endorsement.
- Demonstrated record of successful teaching experience at elementary level.
- Extensive knowledge and the ability to communicate the key elements of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as it relates to the theme of the school.
- The ability to develop and identify theme based units which are interdisciplinary in nature.
- The ability to identify texts for theme based projects in each core area.
- Ability to plan and implement both formal and informal professional development activities related to the theme.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and small groups in a collegial team approach.
- Ability to communicate with and motivate teachers and other staff in a collegial and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work independently with good organizational skills and the ability to be flexible and handle changing priorities.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within difficult time constraints.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with school administration, school staff, School Governance Council and community members.
- Ability to effectively coordinate efforts in school marketing and student recruitment.
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred.
• Appropriate Connecticut teacher certification required at elementary level.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary is commensurate with experience and educational level in accordance with HFT contract. Appendix E. 8% extended day and 16% extended year (25 additional work days) (subject to funding).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
To apply, go to: http://www.applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/
Or go to www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D