The following are required:
The following are preferred:
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- More than six credit hours of Early Childhood Education
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully representative the essential functions of this position. The successful candidate:
- Can describe their philosophy of education and demonstrate its relationship to their practice
- Understands how students learn and develop, and applies that knowledge in their practice
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere
- Teaches students with respect for their individual and cultural characteristics
- Knows the teacher’s content area and how to teach it
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences
- Has the ability to use current technology to enhance instruction
- Has the ability to use technology for record-keeping and research
- Applies knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program
- Facilitates, monitors, and assesses student learning
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans
- Creates and maintains a learning environment in which all students are actively engaged and contributing members
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student's work
- Supervises student environment, students and volunteers
- Works as a partner with parents, families, and the community
- Communicates regularly with parents by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Participates in and contributes to the teaching profession
- Other related duties as assigned
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.