MORE INFO: SEE ATTACHED >>>
Job Title: Receptionist/Human Resources Clerk
Employment: Twelve Months
Salary: Grade 13
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Previous experience in school settings preferred.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish (reading/writing/speaking) preferred.
· Ability to communicate with others in a clear and precise manner.
· Ability to work cooperatively, tactfully with staff and public, even in times of stress.
· Maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence and conferences.
· Relate to the public and staff in a positive manner.
· Knowledge and experience working with computer software, including email, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
· Ability to type 30 WPM.
· Command of business English and able to write letters using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Knowledge of office procedures and basic bookkeeping/accounting procedures.
· Answers telephone, personally responding to those that can be resolved at the front desk, and directing others to relevant staff members.
· Greets visitors and staff members and responds to inquiries directly or by referral to appropriate staff members.
· Assists in maintenance of application system and job postings.
· Processes substitute applications and employment reference verifications.
· Provides application information to interested parties regarding current/pending open positions.
· Assists Human Resources Director in hiring process by organizing applications and requesting additional information, as needed, from applicants.
· Produces confidential and general correspondence, reports, and statistical data as needed.
· Participates in informational activities (e.g. staff development, departmental briefings, employee fairs, etc.).
· Serve as backup in Payroll Department, when necessary.
· Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their duties.
· Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.