WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT RE - 8
ADMINISTRATION BUILDING 301 REYNOLDS STREET
FORT LUPTON, CO 80621
PHONE (303) 857-3200, FAX 303-857-3219 or EMAIL: email@example.com
John S. Hoag, Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Human Resources
DATE OF POSTING: June 18, 2012
POSITION: Computer Maintenance Technician (entry level tech).
SALARY: Salary is $14.94-18.07 per hour depending on education and experience; 8 hours days. This position
qualifies for health insurance benefits after a 90 day probationary period.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Please submit an application (available online at www.ftlupton.k12.co.us ) along with a letter or email of interest, three letters of reference and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online; supporting materials may be attached to the online application or emailed, mailed or faxed to John Hoag, Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Human Resources, 301 Reynolds Street, Fort Lupton, CO 80621.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Minimum of a high school diploma; two year associates degree or the equivalent of two years of college in related area preferred
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and abilities preferred in the following areas:
· Install, configure and maintenance of our desktop software including MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Apple Mac OS 10.4/10.5. Office applications include Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010, Project, and Visio applications. Third party applications include WinZip, Pagemaker, Java, Flash, Quicktime, Silverlight, Podcast Producer and Sophos security products.
· Maintain district territory of network workstations and peripherals. Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair of network workstations and peripherals. Working with hardware vendors to accomplish warranty process of troubleshooting support and parts replacement.
· Network troubleshooting, including servers, switches, NICs and cabling. Fix/Repair the network as needed.
· Support servers and network as directed by supervisor. Install Switches, Server UPS, Server Tape Drive, and
extra hard drives. Add/Remove users, setup rights, printers, OUs, in Windows Active Directory 2003/2008.
· Assist in the creation and installation of workstation imaging process.
· Assist installation of any new equipment associated with voice/data/video/network as directed by supervisor.
· Maintain protocols and security components of the infrastructure
· Install upgrades for all existing components of the system
· Physically pull and install cabling in the overhead, through conduit and through crawl spaces of the district’s buildings.
· Install cable trays, cable hanging mechanisms and strain relief for cable bundles.
· Keeps abreast of current technology through professional organizations, professional meetings, and reading professional journals and magazines.
· Provides services in a fair and impartial manner.
· Assist in Internet security and SPAM filtering.
- Such alternatives to the above duties as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: July 5, 2012. All positions open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Assignment start date is flexible; prefer by mid-July. Position is 8 hours per day and generally Monday through Friday.
· Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
· All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Education.
· No smoking is allowed in any Weld County School District Re 8 buildings.
· Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
· As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
Weld County School District Re 8 does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or age in access to, employment in, in the provision of any of the District's programs, benefits, or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the District's compliance with Title IX, Section 504, Title VII, Affirmative Action, and the Americans with Disabilities Act: Superintendent of Schools at above address and telephone number.
Weld County District Re 8 encourages all qualified minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply.