Paraeducator - ISSR (benefited)
7 hours per day / 198 day work schedule
WICHITA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The paraeducator will provide a structured and respectful environment for students who are assigned to the In-School Suspension Room. Students may be assigned as a consequence for failure to comply with the school's student expectations. The paraeducator will be responsible for the following:
- Follow a structured daily schedule of activities for students
- Promote a respectful environment for reflection and learning
- To be consistent, firm and fair with student expectations and consequences
- Communicate with administration
- Organize and direct assignments received from teachers and make sure those assignments are returned to the teachers at the end of the day
- Keep accurate records of attendance in the In-School Suspension Room and submit these records to the attendance clerk at the end of the day
- Maintain a structured learning environment in lunch detention and keep an accurate record of those students who serve and are expected to serve lunch detentions
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to work in various weather conditions---supervision of students at recess and at buses may be required. Must be able to walk long distances (inside school. On the playground and for field trips), stand for long periods of time, sit for long periods of time, bend, twist, balance, stoop, kneel and climb steps. Must be able to sit with students at small tables and chairs and on occasion, on the floor. Must be able to work five days a week for the number of hours assigned (most hear well, deal with challenging behavior of students and or adults, make decisions with limited information, handle multiple priorities, concentrate on tasks, read and write.
- NEEDED ATTRIBUTES: Exhibit a professional manner to all students, staff and customers of USD 259. Must be able to prioritize and organize. Must follow policies and procedures.
- EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have 48 college credit hours or successful completion of ParaPro test or Workkeys to meet NCLB requirements.
- TEMPERMENT: Ability to change assignments on short notice; work in a calm and efficient manner, perform under deadlines, work in a positive and cooperative manner with others, provide a safe and healthful environment for students.
View original posting on employer site »