Capital Preparatory Magnet
Preparatory Magnet School
REPORTS TO: Principal
POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves as an
instructional/curriculum support position to the 4 - 8 Capital
Preparatory Magnet School design teaching staff. The Mathematics
Coach will utilize their experience and skills as a classroom teacher to assist
with implementation of the mathematics curriculum. The primary
responsibilities will involve coordinating the school wide implementation of
mathematics, assist with the database of student assessment data as it pertains
to math achievement, and provide professional development.
· Master's degree in education
· Demonstrated expertise as a math teacher.
· Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience either at the middle or
high school level
· Knowledge of Connecticut Framework for Mathematics
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Connecticut Mastery Test
· Demonstrated experience at the appropriate school level in an urban
· Ability to handle stressful situations and work within difficult time
· Demonstrated strengths in leadership, sound interpersonal and
· Must possess excellent written communication skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge in the use of both concrete materials and
technology to support teaching and
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Connecticut certification
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with Hartford Federation of Teachers Bargaining
Agreement. Salary is commensurate with experience and educational
level. Extended year (203 days - 8.5%); (25
extra workdays - 16%) opportunities available (subject to funding).
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford
Federation of Teachers (HFT)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants must
submit an online application.
To apply: please visit http://applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/ or www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,