1. Performs the usual office routines and practices associated with a
busy, productive, and smoothly run office.
2. Maintains a regular filing system and processes incoming
correspondence as instructed.
3. Places and receives telephone calls, and records messages.
4. Inventories, prepares orders, and maintains office supplies.
5. Collects funds and performs related bookkeeping tasks associated with normal school operations.
6. Maintains a schedule for appointments, conferences, yearly
planning, and other organizational requirements.
7. Maintains all student records relevant to enrollment, transfer,
transportation, and cumulative data.
8. Assists teachers in preparing instructional materials as time
9. Types all correspondence, notices, routine requirements, and
schedules related to organization and operation of building,
and/or district rules and regulations, health, and safety.
10. Welcomes all visitors and directs them to proper places.
11. Performs such other tasks as the Principal may assign.
12. Understands and maintains operations of various types of office
equipment including, but not limited to, typewriter, adding
machine/calculator, copy machines, risograph, laminator and
13. Maintains a cheerful, positive attitude at all times.
14. Able to prioritize items and maintain a calm demeanor while
working with numerous interruptions with the ability to refocus
quickly or to maintain a multiple focus minimizing time and content
15. Maintain a working knowledge of the computer programs
accessible through our District 50 network.
16. Assists the Principal with development of schedules, notices,
reports, etc. as necessary for the school to function on a daily
17. Serves as a hub to focus and radiate materials, information and
people, under the Principal’s direction, to best service the needs of