COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT 220
BARRINGTON, ILLINOIS 60010
TITLE: SPECIAL SERVICES/ FULL INSTRUCTIONAL
1. High School Diploma (College Degree Desirable)
2. Must meet No Child Left Behind (NCLB) education requirements for student interaction
3. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all staff and the public.
4. Uses/operates computer equipment related to the position/job
5. Demonstrates proficient use of the English language in written and oral forms.
Principal and/or designee
Special Education Students and/or Regular Education Students.
To assist the self-contained learning facilitations teacher in providing individualized and/or small group instruction to students.
1. Reinforce learning objectives to small groups of students or individuals.
2. Supervise the independent study of special education students.
3. Correct work completed by students.
4. Collect and organize teaching materials for the classroom teacher as needed.
5. Assist teacher in preparing and reproducing learning materials as needed.
6. Supervise outdoor recess periods as appropriate.
7. Reinforce the classroom management system.
8. Assist in mainstream classes.
9. Assist in large group activities such as taking attendance, reading to the class, etc.
10. Assist in monitoring students during special school events.
11. Perform other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
This job may require the following: Lifting weight of 50-80 lbs., use of CPI when appropriate, diapering when appropriate, crouching and kneeling, etc.
This job entails working with the unique characteristics of children with special needs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: (Completed by the Office of Human Resources)
1. 6.5 hours per day
2. Anticipate approximately 12 weeks