Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Provide high quality programming and services in accordance with NAEYC standards.
· Work collaboratively with para-professional in using developmentally appropriate practices, learning centers and both individual and small group instruction.
· Ability to adapt and deliver programming to meet the diverse developmental needs of each child.
· Physical ability to perform necessary duties to meet individual child needs including lifting children up to 60 pounds.
· Work with a team to ensure ongoing assessment of program and individual child progress.
· Work cooperatively as a member of a team in the delivery of comprehensive services to young children and their families including regularly scheduled home visits.
· Work directly with families in providing information/education regarding early childhood development.
· Work collaboratively with personnel from a variety of community agencies in the provision of comprehensive services to young children and their families.
· Ability to work flexible hours to meet the operational needs of the early learning program.
· Provide supervision and direction to the activities of non-certified staff and volunteers working with children.
· Expose children to a language/literacy rich environment throughout the day.
· Follow learning outcomes and indicators outlined by the district.
· Administer district's early childhood curriculum and follow early learning standards and benchmarks.
· Ability to deliver instruction outside in carious types of warm and cold weather.
· Other duties as may be appropriate and assigned by the principal. \HBV required
· Be willing to participate in Applied Behavior Analysis training and implement Applied Behavior Analysis.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Must be able to push, pull and lift 60 lbs.
· Must be able to bend, squat, sit on floor and kneel as needed
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
• Strong effective communication skills with parents, agencies, and the public at large.
• Experience/understanding and orientation toward collaborative teaching team approach.
• Flexibility in the delivery of programming and service to children and families.
• Recognition of the need for confidentiality with respect to children and parents' right to privacy.
• Willingness to take part in continuing training and staff development.
Endorsements needed: 100 or [223 AND 103]