Effective immediately, the Human Resources Office will accept on-line applications for the following position:
Junior High Coach - Girls' Soccer
Start date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012
REPORTS TO: The Activities Director, in conjunction with the Head Coach.
· Has knowledge and background in the assigned activity.
· Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior.
· Positive, high energy, and committed.
· Partners wells with parents, staff, community leaders, etc.
· View success not just as winning; but as helping team members to reach goals.
· Orientation toward continuous improvement.
SUPERVISES: Student participants and assumes a supervisory role over all student participants in program when such control is needed.
JOB GOAL: Carry out the objectives of the program as outlined by the Activities Director, in conjunction with the Head Coach. To instruct student participants in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Has a thorough knowledge of all the policies approved by the South St. Paul Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sport/activity program.
· Has knowledge of the existing system, state and league regulations; implements some consistently.
· Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
· Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school activity program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, lift, use hands for fingering, grasping and feeling, wrists, hands and/or fingers for repetitive motions. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, reach, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to and over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.