To assist with the development of underlying skills that are
pre-requisites for academic learning and independence with school related
activities of daily living.
- Current Registered
- Current Licensure
- Prefer two years experience with working with children in the school environment
- Assess student’s level of functioning and need for therapy using standardized testing and observation skills.
- Provide occupational therapy input to the team for developing individual education programs (IEPs) for therapy.
- Create/select and implement therapy programs to meet IEP goals.
- Instruct parents, teachers, aides or other appropriate personnel to implement sensori-motor programs, strategies, and techniques aimed at improving student functioning.
- Monitor and evaluate therapy programs using observation, data and/or pre-posting testing.
- Work cooperatively and communicate appropriately with teaching staff, support staff, parents, outside services, and health professionals (as appropriate/authorized).
- Monitor and report student performance and progress via written and verbal reports.
- Attend staff meetings in appropriate subgroups and serve on committees as directed or appropriate.
- Complete required reports, IEP’s and other forms promptly and in an acceptable manner.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Obtain and maintain current physician prescriptions.
- Participate in early childhood screenings or kindergarten roundup.
- May include travel between schools.
Apply online only.
On line applications will be reviewed by administration and potential candidates will be contacted for interviews.