VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a part-time French teaching position effective August 20, 2012 for the 2012/2013 school year. Certification in teaching all levels of French are required.
JOB SUMMARY: The teacher is responsible to the Building Principal for planning instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students; creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; and employing effective instructional techniques.
- Applicants must hold the appropriate State of Illinois Teaching Certificate, Type 09 or Type 10 with French Endorsements
- Successful 6-12 teaching experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing, prescribing, assessing student learning and appropriate record keeping
- Knowledge of current teaching techniques
- Applicants must be able to structure a classrom to maximize student learning
- Applicants must be able to establish effective communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience and willingness to participate in co-curricular program as sponsor, supervisor or coach
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at http://www.vvsd.org/ and upload a letter of application with a resume and three reference letters to Human Resources, Valley View CUSD 365U, 755 Dalhart Avenue, Romeoville, Illinois 60446.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is Open Until Filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY