VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Guidance Counselor position effective August 20, 2012 for the 2012/2013 school year.
JOB SUMMARY: The counselor is responsible to the Building Principal for: planning instructional periods that meet the interests and abilities of students; creating an environment that is conducive to learning; and employing effective counseling techniques.
- Applicants must hold the appropriate State of Illinois 6-12 Counseling Certificate, Type 73
- Successful 6-12 teaching and counseling experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing, prescribing, assessing student learning, and appropriate record keeping
- Spanish Speaking a plus
- Applicants must be able to establish effective communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Willingness to participate in co-curricular program as sponsor, supervisor or coach
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits such as health, dental and life insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) letters of reference to Human Resouces, Valley View C.U.S.D. 365U, 755 Dalhart Ave., Romeoville, Illinois, 60446.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is Open Until Filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY