VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a 2nd shift Dispatcher position. Hours of work will be 11AM-7:30PM. Valley View Transportation Department hours of operation are from 4AM – 8:30pm.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Directors and Assistant Directors the individual will supervise driver and monitor daily operations. Some of these duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervision of personnel, assign routes to be covered
- Review routes for safety hazards
- Direct radio operations and communications
- Provide leadership during emergencies/ accidents following Board and Department Procedures and Policies
- Ensure all policies related to vehicle crashes are followed
- Maintain and update routes, schedules, employee and student files in department and with schools
- General, Special Education and Bilingual Bus Routing
- Fleet Scheduling – creating Driver Directions, Student Listing
- Required to drive routes where student transportation is needed and there is a shortage of drivers
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to speak and write in Spanish a plus
- Professional leadership skills
- Knowledge of Regular and Special Education Transportation requirements
- Experience in school bus transportation operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all clients, employees and district staff internally and externally to resolve conflicts and concerns
- Proficient in Windows applications
- Experience with computer/manual routing and scheduling
- Must hold or have the ability and requirements to obtain the required license and permit for Illinois School Bus Driver.
- Assistance with implementation of all Transportation related programs.
- Provide input to overall driver training program to improve safety.
- Must be flexible in hours of work.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The position is full-time for twelve (12) months. The salary is competitive with excellent fringe benefits, including life, health and dental insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three (3) letters of reference to Valley View CUSD 365U, Human Resources Department, 755 Dalhart Avenue, Romeoville, Illinois 60446.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving application is June 27, 2012 Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable after the deadline date.
Equal Opportunity Employer